When getting your ear impressions from an audiologist it is critical that you inform them that the impressions are for musicians custom in ear monitors. Below are the guidelines you need to give them, they can also be download on the link at the end of the page, this will also include the address to send the ear impressions to.
N.B. The 30-day re-fit guarantee will only be valid if:
- The impressions are not taken by one of recommended audiologists or
- The impression material is Dreve Otoform AK.
Cosmic Ears manufacture custom in-ear monitors and we require a full ear impression for our customers, including the Crus of the Helix. Please note that the impressions are for MUSICIAN MONITORS and not normal standard impressions.
- The impression must be taken past the second bend of the ear canal.
- The impressions must be made Dreve Otoform AK. (if a different material is used, we will not be able to offer the re-fit guarantee)
- An open mouth impression using a bite block.
- A full ear impression must be taken.
Returning ear impressions
Pack the ear impression in a solid box and gently protect the impressions with packing material to stop any movement, tissues can be used as an alternative to packing material.
If you are unsure the ear impression is acceptable for our needs, you may take a photo of the ear impression and email it to us, we will try to assess if it is acceptable. This is highly recommended.
Fill in the details in the Audiologist Notes Form and mail the boxed ear impressions and the Audiologist Notes Form back to us at the address on the form.